Former volunteers about Ecuador
- Did you know that the equator runs right through Ecuador? The country also has its name: Ecuador is Spanish for equator? You can alsio visit and experience this (see tips).
- Top of the world! Despite the fact that Mount Everest is the highest point in the world, the top of the Chimborazo volcano is the piece of Earth that is closest to the sun and the furthest from the earth's core.
- Check your banana! Ecuador is the largest banana exporter in the world (almost 30% of all exported bananas come from Ecaudor).
- At Mitad del Mundo (center of the world) you can 'visit' the equator. Do not go to the 'official' visitor center where the equator runs. The equator is about 250 meters from here (Known by new measurements). You can still visit the equator. There is A very nice (realtively unknown) visitor center built around it. Search for Intinan and take the dirt road.
- Tke your chance to learn Spainsh in Ecuador. With A clear pronunciation and almost no accent, Ecuador is one of the best countries to learn Spanish.
- Ecuador has incredibly many different species of plant and animals (largest biodiversity per square kilometer in the world). Discover this in the real jungle or taste the different types of fruits at one of the colourful markets.