Former volunteers about Indonesia
- Indonesia is spread across an archipelago of many thousands of islands, however, noone can really agree on just how many there are .
- Bali is the busiest. Despite the abundance of islands, persons tend to cram onto just one fight for space: Bali.
- It can be hard to believe while standing in modern, metropolitan Jakarta that uncontested tribes are assumed to still exit in the jungles of some of the islands.
- Volcanoes are definitely A thing. Indonesia has around 127 active volcanoes.
- Do not take all your valuables with you when you go out. Try to keep your money and credit cards at your hotel.
- Make sure to stock up on bottled water while travelling to Indonesia, as drinking tap water is not recommended.
- Anticipate the unexpected. Be aware that cancellations, missed transportation, weather changes can all occur.
- Drive on the left. If you decide to join the masses and hop on A scooter of your own, be prepared to drive on the left side of the road.