Former volunteers about Peru
- Did you know that you can travel by bus for 1 soles? You do have to jump in and out while the bus is driving (slowly)
- Did you know people selling food and drinks get in and out of the bus when you travel far?
- Peru has A beautiful culture and still has A lot of influence from the Inca's. We recommend looking into that culture so you can recognize A lot of things. This will give your trip A lot of meaning. They also tell A lot about it in different tours, so do not hesitate to ask them, they know A lot about it.
- You can easily travel throuigh the country by bus or plane. This way you can be in A completely different environment in one night. I recommend that too! The night buses are comfortable and will save you an extra night at the hotel, and you would not waste any time during the day.There are several companies. One offers slightly worse quality for A cheaper price than the other. Better safe than sorry? Cruz del Sur is A reliable and more luxurious bus company, so you always know you are in the right place. You can travel short distances with the well-known colectivos: There are vans where you pay A low price abd travel with eight (8) persons. Tip: do not be in a A hurry, they wait until the whole van is full before moving off.
- Pay attention to which period you are going. Evenings can be quite cold while it is nice and sunny during the day!